About this Certificate
The Remote Work Certificate course is designed to equip workers with the tools and skills they need to transition from on-site work into a virtual career. It combines independent online work with four interactive workshops.
This professional certificate requires 24-30 hours to complete (6-8 hours per week over 4 weeks).
There are nine modules delivered in a self-paced, online format. The program includes four live, interactive workshops, providing an opportunity for students to discuss career goals and review content from the modules in a virtual environment that mimics a real remote team.
- Module 1: Work Day – Learn more about the components of an average day in the life of a remote worker, including mobile office, flexible schedule, and equipment.
- Module 2: Communication – Discuss the unique strategies and requirements of virtual communication, including styles, tools, and empathy.
- Module 3: Workflow – Understand the processes of task management, including projects, delegation, goals, and tracking.
- Module 4: Productivity and Time Management — Evaluate the strategies for effective independent personal management, including productivity, motivation, and scheduling.
- Module 5: Teams — Learn about how teamwork occurs in a virtual work environment, including trust, project collaboration, and “netiquette.”
- Module 6: Compliance — Discuss the legal precautions of working online, including information security, risk prevention, and office compliance.
- Module 7: Critical Thinking — Understand how to problem solve autonomously, including finding resources for solutions, earning trust, and filtering information.
- Module 8: Virtual Careers — Evaluate and prepare for virtual career options, including personal branding, virtual job search processes, and remote industry options.
- Module 9: Remote Job Development — Design the remote career of your choice and prepare a proposal for your Program Coordinator.
The price is $199 and includes coaching. The coach will help guide you through the Canvas course, and provide mentoring and resources to help you successfully prepare for remote work and freelancing.
There are a limited number of grant funded seats for individuals from rural, non-metropolitan areas in Indiana. Find out how to take the course for free by contacting Emily Del Real at firstname.lastname@example.org.