About this Certificate
The Remote Work Certificate course is designed to equip workers with the tools and skills they need to transition from on-site work into a virtual career. It combines independent online work with four interactive workshops.
This professional certificate requires 24-30 hours to complete (6-8 hours per week over 4 weeks).
There are nine modules delivered in a self-paced, online format. The program includes four live, interactive workshops, providing an opportunity for students to discuss career goals and review content from the modules in a virtual environment that mimics a real remote team.
- Module 1: Work Day – Learn more about the components of an average day in the life of a remote worker, including mobile office, flexible schedule, and equipment.
- Module 2: Communication – Discuss the unique strategies and requirements of virtual communication, including styles, tools, and empathy.
- Module 3: Workflow – Understand the processes of task management, including projects, delegation, goals, and tracking.
- Module 4: Productivity and Time Management — Evaluate the strategies for effective independent personal management, including productivity, motivation, and scheduling.
- Module 5: Teams — Learn about how teamwork occurs in a virtual work environment, including trust, project collaboration, and “netiquette.”
- Module 6: Compliance — Discuss the legal precautions of working online, including information security, risk prevention, and office compliance.
- Module 7: Critical Thinking — Understand how to problem solve autonomously, including finding resources for solutions, earning trust, and filtering information.
- Module 8: Virtual Careers — Evaluate and prepare for virtual career options, including personal branding, virtual job search processes, and remote industry options.
- Module 9: Remote Job Development — Design the remote career of your choice and prepare a proposal for your Program Coordinator.
The price is $199 and includes coaching. The coach will help guide you through the Canvas course, and provide mentoring and resources to help you successfully prepare for remote work and freelancing.