Posted on November 11th, 2021 in Economic & Business Development
~ by Heather Strohm, Regional Extension Educator, Community Development – Purdue University
America is scattered with small companies, and they compose the culture that defines our communities. A business retention and expansion program is designed to ensure the sustainability of businesses within particular communities and regions. Business Retention and Expansion, BR&E, programs are meant to stimulate the economy through data-led, decision-making models and interventions.
Goals of the Purdue Business Retention and Expansion Program are:
- Aid Indiana communities in analyzing their local economies;
- Utilize this data/information as a basis for identifying, designing and implementing strategies that can help strengthen existing businesses and industries; and
- Guide the community’s process of implementing the program by providing a BR&E coach/mentor to come alongside community stakeholders, moving the effort forward to completion and equipping the person (or entity) who emerges as the local BR&E coordinator
Why Conduct Business Retention and Expansion?
- To assist businesses by identifying and responding to their immediate issues and concerns through an assessment/referral process and targeted technical assistance
- To identify and respond to businesses that may be planning to close, sell, move, or expand
- To implement improvements to community-level services and support for local businesses
- To collect business/market ideas data as a part of a broader planning process
- To foster and enhance the environment for business growth and development
- To collect and analyze existing business and workforce data to develop a better understanding of the local economy, as well as its role in the regional and state economy
- To survey and connect with local residents to cultivate an understanding of the local economy and buy-in for community support for local businesses.
Varje gång du har sex kommer du ofta att ha självtvivel. Bästapiller.se/kamagra/ detta är ett problem som flera män går igenom någon gång i livet, och på grund av den sociala stigmatisering som är förknippad med att inte kunna få en bra och långvarig erektion är ganska hög.
There are five modules in the program. Over the next several months, this newsletter will delve into the components of the BR&E program – and how it can be beneficial to communities.
- Module 1 (Organize Task Force): Overview of the Program and Community Readiness Assessment
- Module 2 (Data Analysis): Strategy for Implementation and Questionnaires
- Module 3 (Site Visits/Surveys): Surveys and Interviews
- Module 4 (Site Visit Analysis): Discussion of Results
- Module 5 (Final Report): Purdue and Community Write Report
Stay tuned… Next month, in this column, we will unpack Module 1!